College Progress Evening
This evening is an extremely important opportunity for you to meet with teaching staff and discuss your child's progress so please come along. If you are unable to attend then alternative arrangements can be made by contacting staff directly.
Thank you for your continued support!
Meden Students Celebrate Best eVER A LEVEL RESULTS
A Level success for Meden College with high flying student off to Oxford
Students have achieved record A-Level results at Meden College. The college has achieved a 100% pass rate in all A Level subjects with 25% of students gaining gold standard AAB.
In particular, student Ebony Moody will be going to Oxford to study Mathematics and gained 3 A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics. Leanne Myatt achieved AAA* and will be studying Dentistry at Newcastle and Angeline Gardiner and Laura Simpson will both be studying Pharmacy at Nottingham University.
Pictured above from left to right: Laura Simpson, Ebony Moody, Leanne Myatt, Angeline Gardiner.
Ebony Moody said of her results: “I feel absolutely amazing. I couldn’t quite believe it, I’ve studied really hard at school to be able to get into Oxford and to have actually done it is just incredible.
“My emotions are up and down at the moment and my parents have been the same. We’ve all been anxiously waiting for my results but they had every faith in me. Hopefully this can show people that as long as you're passionate about your subject it doesn't matter where you come from you can still reach Oxbridge/higher universities.”
Head of School, Janet Brashaw stated: “I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate our students on an outstanding set of results which is testament to their hard work and dedication to their studies. With the support of a committed team of outstanding teachers and tutors this has resulted in the vast majority of our students gaining places at their first choice of university or high level apprenticeship.
“I would also like to thank parents and carers for your support and say how immensely proud I am of each and every one of your sons and daughters who have grown in to wonderful young people and make me feel very optimistic for the future.”
Have you submitted your application for September?
Meet the Team
|Ms L Ellis||Head of College|
|Mrs A Fallon||KS5 Achievement Co-ordinator|
|Ms T Booth||College Support|
|Mrs K Knight||College Mentor|
|Mr D Scarsbrook||College Mentor|
|Mrs H Gibney/ Miss L Warman||College Mentor|
|Miss A Madher||College Mentor|
Meden College is a high-achieving provider of academic post-16 education, which develops well-rounded leaders of the future.
We have extremely high aspirations for ourselves and our learners, whose horizons and ambitions are widened on a daily basis.
We continually challenge self-perceptions of limitations and obstacles to success and we actively celebrate achievements - both academic and social.
The Study Hub
The Meden College management team were excited to welcome our new Year 12 cohort to the college last week. It was also nice to welcome back so many familiar faces for Year 13. The beginning of term was extra special this year because we were able to move into the first phase of our brand new College building - christened The Study Hub. I think the photographs below show just how special the space now looks. We now have a bespoke and modern area in which college students are able to carry out independent study whilst also getting support from their teachers and peers.
Over the next few weeks and months work will continue to convert a nearby room to a refreshment centre for students, and ultimately a glass covered atrium will connect the two areas. Photographs of these exciting developments will be posted regularly, and details of the official opening will follow in due course.
Meden College has a great track record of guiding our students into appropriate University courses. Some headlines from recent years include:
- Double the acceptance ratio for Medicine and related courses, compared to the National Average
- Double the acceptance ratio for Humanities and the Arts related courses, compared to the National Average.
- 10% higher acceptance rate compared to National average for Biological Science courses.
- 20% higher acceptance rate compared to National average for Maths and Maths related courses.
- Higher than the National Average acceptance rates for Education, Engineering and Science related courses.
- Overall, we get more of our students accepted at Universities than the National Average for all types of University applications.
Some universities have compiled lists of the subjects which are more helpful in getting onto a range of university courses and into employment. These are generally called facilitating A-Levels and ALL are available at Meden College.
The courses which appear most often on these lists are; Chemistry, English, History, French, Maths, Physics, Further Maths and Biology.
Please download an application form and return to Ms Booth to apply for a College Bursary for 2016/17 Year 13 students who qualified for a bursary in 2015/16 must reapply for 2016/17
- Upcoming Events
- Laps for Lapland Letter & Sponsorship form
- Children in Need Day November 18th
- Procedures for closing school due to bad weather.
- A Parents Guide to Dealing with sexting
- Parental Reminders October
- CSE and parental/carer awareness
- Consultation on reduction of School PAN
- Additional Inset Day
- Welcome Letter September 2016
- Important information regarding the Torch Group
- Radicalisation Letter
- End of Term arrangements Dec 2015
- Football Boots
- Expectation - letter to Parents
- School Day from September 2015
- Start of Term Arrangements
- Meden Term dates 2015-16 amended
- New School Day from September 2015
- Recent Ofsted Success - letter to Parents
- Proposals to Meden School Day
- School Holiday Pattern Parent Consultation
- School Comm Mobile Phone App Letter
- Meden School E- safety Agreement
- Information regarding the use of Biometric Technol
- Importance of Good Attendance
- Communication with School
- School Policy regarding adverse weather
- Information Leaflet for Parents
- 1/4/17 - 17/4/17 Meden School Easter Holidays
- Meden enjoys further A-level success
Meden school is pleased to announce another outstanding set of A-level results. (13/08/2015)
- Meden College celebrating another year of excellent A level results
100% pass rate with 70% of students gaining an A* to C. (14/08/2014)