During a pupil’s time with us we will gather information about them which we will use for various purposes. A Privacy Notice in
relation to the use of this information is available on the school website.
There are some things that we cannot do without the consent of parents/carers or pupils and we have set these out below. This form should be read
very carefully and the appropriate options ticked. This informs us which of these things we are permitted to do, and which we are not.
No pupil’s place with us will be affected by the decisions made on this form. Parents or carers / pupils are completely free to refuse to provide consent to
any of these things and do not have to provide reasons for refusing consent. However, we are happy for parents or carers / pupils to give us additional
information if they choose to so that we understand their concerns and can take appropriate steps where necessary.
We will gather consent from parents or carers to use their child’s information in the ways detailed below until their child reaches the end of Year 8. We
have deemed the start of Year 9 as an appropriate threshold at which to seek consent directly from pupils regarding the ways in which we use their
information. This decision to renew consent at this point will be taken on a case-by-case basis.
Photographs and Videos
Some of the information below includes photographs and videos of our pupils. We take very seriously the issue of potential misuse of photographs and
videos of our pupils, and have the following measures in place:
- Images taken by a professional photographer for marketing purposes (school / trust websites, prospectuses, adverts etc.) are stored in a secure
online gallery for a maximum of six months following a photo shoot, after which they are deleted
- Professional images are also stored on an encrypted hard drive for sole use by the trust’s marketing department
- Access to professional images and videos is limited and only provided to selected members of staff by the trust’s marketing department upon
request by the school
- Students who have consent to appear in the professional images are required to be appropriately dressed in full / correct school uniform while
- Use of professional images is limited to marketing materials only, for which special consent is sought
The school / trust may provide photographs and videos to the media, or the school / trust may be visited by the media who will take videos and
photographs. When these have been submitted to—or taken by—the media, the school / trust has no control over these.
Please see the Privacy Notice provided on the school website for more information regarding school photographs.
The school may take photos and / or videos of students during normal school activities (e.g. class work, trips etc.) for use in displays for public areas of
the school (e.g. reception) and in school newsletters distributed directly to named contacts. Occasionally these displays may include the name of the
The school may take photos and / or videos of students during normal school activities (e.g. class work, trips etc.) for use in publicly-accessible media
(e.g. newsletters on school websites, social media, television news articles, local press stories etc.)
Consent for use of any images in promotional campaigns (e.g. on the main pages of school websites, school prospectus etc.) or public events (e.g.
awards evenings) will be sought prior to any images being used.
Leaving School Site
Biometrics (Cashless Catering)
The current Data Protection legislation requires that we obtain explicit consent to use your child’s biometric (fingerprint) data in school. If you have
any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact the school.
There are several forms of characteristics that can be used to identify a student, but the biometric data we use is the fingerprint.
What will we use the information for?
Biometric information will only be used to identify the student when purchasing food at school. It enables us to provide a faster service than
traditional cash tills and the technology works in the following way:
- The technology uses biometric fingerprint recognition and no image of a fingerprint is ever stored
- The reader creates a mathematical template that is a fully secure identifying information system, just like any other identity number
- The data is ID encrypted for further security and cannot be used in any other database
- It is not possible to recreate an image of the original scan for the data that is stored
- Once a student leaves the school their record is deleted from the database
It is possible to purchase food from the school without giving your fingerprint information. Should you feel you do not wish for your child to be
registered on the fingerprint system please indicate below and your child shall be issued with a PIN instead.
Parents or Carers / pupils may change their mind in relation to any of the consents that have provided at any time. This includes withdrawing
consent to anything that has been agreed to here.
To withdraw consent to any of the above, or otherwise amend their position, parents or carers / pupils should write to us at the address
shown on the contact page of the school website.
This consent will otherwise continue until the pupil leaves the school / trust.