Meden College is a high-achieving provider of academic post-16 education, which develops well-rounded leaders of the future.
We have extremely high aspirations for ourselves and our learners, whose horizons and ambitions are widened on a daily basis.
We continually challenge self-perceptions of limitations and obstacles to success and we actively celebrate achievements - both academic and social.
Meet the Team
|Ms L Ellis||Head of College|
|Ms T Booth||College Support|
|Mrs E Corns||Second in College|
|Mrs H Gibney||College Mentor|
The Study Hub
The Meden College management team were excited to welcome our new Year 12 cohort to the college last week. It was also nice to welcome back so many familiar faces for Year 13. The beginning of term was extra special this year because we were able to move into the first phase of our brand new College building - christened The Study Hub. I think the photographs below show just how special the space now looks. We now have a bespoke and modern area in which college students are able to carry out independent study whilst also getting support from their teachers and peers.
attitude to learning
All schools evaluate the progress the students are making in terms of their grades, however at Meden we also place great emphasis on student's 'Attitude to Learning' or ATL.
What does ATL mean?
A student is given a score of 1,2,3 or 4 for each subject based on a number of factors which are shown in the table below. An average of these scores represents a students total ATL. An average score of 1 is the best score a student can get and an average score of 4 is the worst. Most students will get a score somewhere between the two and hopefully as low as possible to show the best ATL.
ATL reports are uploaded to INSIGHT at regular points throughout the years so that you may see how your child is doing. Achievement assemblies are held every half term to celebrate the highest ATL scores as well as the most improved students.
Have you submitted your application for September?
Please download an application form and return to Ms Booth to apply for a College Bursary for 2018/19 - Year 13 students who qualified for a bursary in 2017/18 must reapply for 2018/19
- Meden gets ready for the New Data Protection Legislation
- Important message from Head of Schol regarding School Closure 2nd March 18
- Important message from Ms Sims Wed 28th February
- Reminder of Procedures relating to Closure due to Bad Weather
- Fire Incident at Meden School
- Ofsted outcome letter to parents
- Lock Down Procedures - Letter to Parents
- Welcome letter 2017
- Ofsted Visit letter to parents
- Attendance is important!
- September arrangements & Uniform
- Changes to Pastoral System from September 2017
- Uniform Changes from September 2017
- Changes to Wednesdays from September 2017
- Upcoming Events
- Laps for Lapland Letter & Sponsorship form
- Children in Need Day November 18th
- Procedures for closing school due to bad weather.
- A Parents Guide to Dealing with sexting
- Parental Reminders October
- CSE and parental/carer awareness
- Consultation on reduction of School PAN
- Additional Inset Day
- Welcome Letter September 2016
- Important information regarding the Torch Group
- Radicalisation Letter
- End of Term arrangements Dec 2015
- Football Boots
- Expectation - letter to Parents
- School Day from September 2015
- Start of Term Arrangements
- Meden Term dates 2015-16 amended
- New School Day from September 2015
- Recent Ofsted Success - letter to Parents
- Proposals to Meden School Day
- School Holiday Pattern Parent Consultation
- School Comm Mobile Phone App Letter
- Meden School E- safety Agreement
- Information regarding the use of Biometric Technol
- Importance of Good Attendance
- Communication with School
- School Policy regarding adverse weather
- Information Leaflet for Parents
- No Upcoming Events
- Meden School are celebrating their best ever A level year
Students at Meden school are celebrating some great A Level and Level 3 qualifications this year. (18/08/2017)
- Meden enjoys further A-level success
Meden school is pleased to announce another outstanding set of A-level results. (13/08/2015)
- Meden College celebrating another year of excellent A level results
100% pass rate with 70% of students gaining an A* to C. (14/08/2014)