Level 2 CIDA course aims:
- equip students with the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to design and make, effective digital products for others to use
- enable young people to use digital tools as a means of expression to inform, persuade and entertain
- foster young people’s creativity and develop their independent learning skills
- challenge young people to reflect on what they produce and strive for excellence
- increase young people’s awareness of their responsibilities in the digital world and their respect of other people’s rights
- equip young people with professional, real-world skills in planning, project management and communication
- give young people the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to support future learning and exploit the creative digital industries.
Computer Science syllabus aims are to develop:
- computational thinking that is thinking about what can be computed and how, and includes consideration of the data required
- understanding of the main principles of solving problems by using computers
- understanding that every computer system is made up of sub-systems, which in turn consist of further sub-systems
- understanding of the component parts of computer systems and how they interrelate, including software, data, hardware, communications and people skills necessary to apply understanding to solve computer-based problems using a high-level programming language.