Welcome to Meden Online
Head of School
Welcome to the Meden School website. I hope that as you explore the site, you will get a flavour of the unique culture that exists within our school.
Our aim is very simple and that is to be recognised as outstanding in every aspect. The determination of staff and governors to achieve this goal is very strong and is based on a simple but direct strategy: ABC (Achievement, Behaviour and Curriculum).
- 1/6/15 Science: A level - Biol 2 exam
- 2/6/15 Science: A level - CHEM 2 exam
- 2/6/15 Deadline for Progress check 3 & written report
- 3/6/15 Geography: GCSE Geography unit 2 exam
- 4/6/15 Mathematics: Year 11 Non Calculator GCSE Exam
- 5/6/15 Science: Biology 1 exam
- 8/6/15 Science: A level - Biol 4 exam
- 8/6/15 Mathematics: Year 11 Calculator GCSE Exam
Are you an ex-pupil of Meden School?
Did you or a family member used to attend Meden? It's the school's 50th anniversary in 2015 and we want to collect as many photographs as possible! Please can you send a copy of any photos you may have to Miss Clarke at EClarke@medenschool.co.uk or if you want to bring them into school, please do so. Thanks!
Great News for Year 11 Students!
To give our Year 11 as much support as possible to achieve their target grades we are providing continuous revision sessions. Please click here for more details.
Use of School Cafe:
Why not come and study in the school cafe on Tuesday and Thursday evening. Free drinks available!
Year 11 Common Room is open in A1 every lunchtime.
Just a reminder that Homework Club runs every Tuesday and Thursday Evening after school in E8. Refreshments are available for those who want to come.
Be There or Be Square!
Lunchtime Menu from April 2015
The new lunchtime menu is now being served- please click here to open a copy.
Please not that the cost of a school meal will increase to £2:15 from Monday 20th April. Free School Meal allowance will change accordingly.
An increasing number of students are failing to come to school with the correct equipment eg pen, pencil, ruler calculator. From Monday we will be carrying out strict equipment checks and students may face sanctions if they do not have the right equipment. We are also seeing more students wearing inappropriate jewellery and incorrect uniform. Please can I remind you of Meden School's policy regarding uniform and equipment, thank you.
NEW Smartphone App for SchoolComms
(school text messaging service)
Please install the new app and help the school save money!
When installing the app on an iPhone or Android phone please ensure you register the same phone number as stored in the school database. If you have changed your mobile number, you will need to let the school know before you can set up the app.
Useful Forms for Parents/Carers
Useful forms for Parents/Carers can be found under the About Meden tab of the website in Administration.
- May Half Term Intervention Y11
- Year 7 Assessment Week 1st - 5th June
- Year 8 Assessment Week 8th - 12th June
- Meden School Day from September
- Summer GCSE & GCE (A Level) Exam Timetables
- Pupil Help & Welfare reporting form.
- Attendance Reward Afternoon
- Year 11 Revision Sessions
- Meden School E Safety
- Use of Biometric Technology in School. Please return reply slip asap.
- The importance of good attendance
19/05/2015 - From: Challenger
- Challenger Year 11's
19/05/2015 - From: Challenger
- Congratulations to Charlie!
Congratulations to Charlie for his achievement in rugby.
11/05/2015 - From: Endeavour
- Mural displayed on Warsop's High Street
Meden Art students produce public art piece.
01/05/2015 - From: Art
- Meden students take part in Sportshall UK Finals
Manchester 26th April
22/04/2015 - From: Whole School