Year 8 assessment
From Monday 5th June, our Year 8 students will be assessed during their normal lessons. This will be their final period of assessments for this academic year. Teachers will advise the students what day their assessments will take place on. All of the revision material they will need is available on the link below.
You can support your child in the next few weeks by ensuring that:
- They plan and follow a revision timetable. Make sure they revise for each subject and spend time every day revising. Little and often can be an effective technique.
- They know when and where their exams will take place.
- They are on time for school and have the right equipment (pen, pencil, calculator, ruler, highlighter, pens etc. in a clear pencil case or bag)
- They speak to their teachers to clarify anything they are unsure about well in advance of the exam.
- They understand the need for the highest standards of behaviour during the exams. Poor behaviour will not be accepted and appropriate sanctions will be given if necessary.
attitude to learning
All schools evaluate the progress the students are making in terms of their grades, however at Meden we also place great emphasis on student' 'Attitude to Learning' or ATL.
What does ATL mean?
A student is given a score of 1,2,3 or 4 for each subject based on a number of factors which are shown in the table below. An average of these scores represents a students total ATL. An average score of 1 is the best score a student can get and an average score of 4 is the worst. Most students will get a score somewhere between the two and hopefully as low as possible to show the best ATL.
ATL reports are uploaded to INSIGHT at regular points throughout the years so that you may see how your child is doing. Achievement assemblies are held every half term to celebrate the highest ATL scores as well as the most improved students.
TOP ATL SCORERS
- Sophie Booth
- Amy Johnson
- McKenzie Cameron
- Lacey Horner
- Emily Youd
- Madalynn Cox
- Kulveer Kaur
- Jasmin Reders
- Lisa Root
TOP 5 MOST IMPROVED STUDENTS THIS HALF TERM
- Michael Green
- Lacie Hatton
- Kyle Newton
- Katie Adey
- Laura Kunicka
- September arrangements & Uniform
- Changes to Pastoral System from September 2017
- Uniform Changes from September 2017
- Changes to Wednesdays from September 2017
- Locker Letter
- Hagg Farm arrangements
- Last day of term arrangements December 2016
- Upcoming Events
- Important Attendance Letter Nov 2016
- Laps for Lapland Letter & Sponsorship form
- Children in Need Day November 18th
- Procedures for closing school due to bad weather.
- A Parents Guide to Dealing with sexting
- Parental Reminders October
- CSE and parental/carer awareness
- Consultation on reduction of School PAN
- Additional Inset Day
- Welcome Letter September 2016
- Important information regarding the Torch Group
- Year 8 Nottingham University Trip 10th March
- Radicalisation Letter
- End of Term arrangements Dec 2015
- Hagg Farm Letter 2016
- Football Boots
- Expectation - letter to Parents
- PE Expectations
- School Day from September 2015
- Where to buy your uniform
- Start of Term Arrangements
- Meden Term dates 2015-16 amended
- New School Day from September 2015
- Important information regarding Homework
- Recent Ofsted Success - letter to Parents
- Proposals to Meden School Day
- School Holiday Pattern Parent Consultation
- School Comm Mobile Phone App Letter
- Meden School E- safety Agreement
- Information regarding the use of Biometric Technol
- Importance of Good Attendance
- Communication with School
- School Policy regarding adverse weather
- Information Leaflet for Parents
- 26/7/17 Inset Day
- 27/7/17 - 3/9/17 Meden School Summer Holidays
- 4/9/17 Return to school
Year 8 News
- No recent news stories.