We understand that the transition from Primary to Secondary education can be both an exciting and a challenging process for both pupils and parents.
Our transition arrangements are carefully planned to ensure that students are ready for a successful and enjoyable Year 7. Arrangements start in Year 5 and build up to a full school visit in the summer term of Year 6. A full programme of activities is offered to all primary schools throughout Year 6.
If you have any questions regarding transition, at any stage of the process, please do not hesitate to ask. Staff are always available to answer questions at the various events or you can e-mail the school at any time.
Meden School is increasingly popular and has become the school of first choice for students from a wide range of primary schools. As well as visiting our linked primary schools, we welcome visits to the school from prospective parents and students during the school day. If you would like to arrange a visit or if you have any questions, please contact the school by phone or e-mail. We very much look forward to welcoming you and your child to Meden School.
- Step One: Summer Term, Year 5
- A member of the Senior Leadership Team meet prospective parents at their child's current primary school. A short talk will be followed by a question and answer session.
- Step Two: Autumn Term, Year 6
- Pupils and parents are invited to an open evening to look around Meden School and meet members of staff in all the teaching departments.
- Step Three: Spring Term, Year 6
- Data will be collected from the primary feeder schools to help arrange admissions.
- Step Four: Summer Term, Year 6
- A member of the Pastoral Team and the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator will visit primary schools to talk to students and staff.
- Step Five: Summer Term, Year 6
- Year 6 pupils will visit Meden School with their classmates for 'Taster Days' to allow them to familiarise themselves with the school. Pupils with Special Educational Needs may have additional visits.