Welcome to the History Department
What is the purpose of History at Meden School?
- To embed an understanding of how past events have shaped the world we see today.
- Inspire pupils to know more about our past so that they are aware of the significance of History.
- To show students how societies have changed overtime.
- To help students to understand the purpose, tone and perspective of a source and to use this to encourage students to think critically when studying different sources of information.
- To make students aware of significant turning points in history.
- To know how Britain has influenced and been influenced (positive and negative) by the wider world.
- To have an understanding of History beyond Britain too.
- Awareness and importance of local history.
- Learning from past mistakes to make a better future.
- Showing understanding and having respect for other cultures.
- To use sources to infer and develop layers of meaning